New and Exclusive pioneering technology from Japan.
MM80 Magnetic linear automatic sliding door operators offer new clean technology with super-silent motion for internal sliding door applications.
As the need for mechanical parts have been greatly reduced, MM Series will glide open and closed in near silence. Without a belt drive system and other parts associated with friction, particle production has been greatly reduced. Therefore MM magnetic linear sliding door operators are highly suitable in areas which are dust and noise sensitive.
CE compliant, meeting low energy requirements of European norm EN16005.
Utilising advanced Magnetic Linear Drive technology, MM80 forms the beginning of a new era in door automation. A magnetic linear drive sliding door solution is now possible. MM Series offers easy open and close operation with a host of features and benefits.
> Ultra quiet & smooth
> Clean technology
> Safety features inbuilt
> Gentle motion
> Push & go
> Hold Open
> Free Stop (Assist model)
> Energy saving (partial open)
> Ratchet (flip flop)
> Electromagnetic lock (option)
> Easy accessible inputs
> CE compliant
> Low Energy
Design – MM magnetic linear sliding door operators are a new mechanism, driven from the attraction and repulsion between the a magnet and coil.
Quality – Highly reliable, using only quality electronic parts, MM Series magnetic linear door operators are designed and manufactured in Japan.
Installation – Installation is simple and achieved in several steps with all parts installed directly onto the rail from the front, therefore any component can be moved during or after installation. Parts can also be added or replaced with ease, greatly reducing time spent at site. Adjustment can be achieved simply, making MICOM sliding door operators quick to install and setup.
Set-up – Door stroke is memorised one-time during initial installation or for servicing requirements. There is no need for the operator to re-learn each time the main power is turned on.
Operation – Magnetic linear sliding door operators can be activated by either a sensor or push button input or by ‘push & go’. Once the door has silently moved open and after the open time has elapsed, the door will close all the while being protected by its threshold safety detection system, before breaking for a soft close at the final closed position. With a number of door functions that can be selected by handling the door.
Silent – As the need for mechanical parts have been greatly reduced, MM Series will glide open and closed in near silence. Employing reinforced resin rollers and an aluminium rail to further eliminate excessive noise.
Clean – Without a belt drive system and other parts associated with friction and wear, particle production from friction has been greatly reduced. Therefore MM magnetic linear sliding door operators are highly suitable in areas which are particularly dust sensitive.
Safe & Friendly – Equipped with a very sensitive touch detection system, should the door hit any obstruction, the force of impact is incredibly light. This is followed by an immediate safety return to ensure pedestrian safety is maintained at all times. On returning to the point of impact, the door will slow to ensure the obstruction has been safely cleared.
Delivery – MM80 magnetic linear drive system is available from Japan as a pre-assembled sliding door operator or as a component building KIT.
Suitability – Commercial and Domestic: For installation in Hotels, Hospitals, Shops and Stores, Liabries, Schools, Offices, Factories and in the Home.
Compliance – MM Magnetic linear sliding door operators are CE compliant and meet low energy requirements of European norm EN16005.
MM Magnetic linear sliding door operator opens up a new era of door automation. Using our new microprocessor control and magnetic linear motor drive system, MM80 can adapt effortlessly to varied door widths and weight capacities up to 80kg per leaf.
Ease of Installation
- With modular plug-in parts installed directly from the front onto our base rail, any component can be moved during or after installation. Components can also be added or replaced with ease later, therefore time spent on installation or servicing is greatly reduced.
MM Magnetic Linear Operator
1. Base Rail
2. MM Control Box
3. Moving Magent
4. Magnet Linear Motor
5. Hanger Bracket
Application & Functions
- MM80 Auto – Suited to high frequency commercial pedestrian use. Such as in Hotels, Stores Libraries and Restaurants.
- MM80 Assist – Suited to specialised pedestrian use. Such as Hospitals, Clinics, Care facilities an in the Home.
MM80 ‘Auto’ Functions
MM80 ‘Assist’ Functions
Push & Go Function
Push & Go Function
Open Speed Adjuster
Partial Open Adjuster
Open Timer (0~10sec)
Ratchet Switch (Flip Flop) Function
Hold Open Function – Setting By Hand
Free Stop Function – Setting By Hand
New Clean Technology
- MM80 will maintain a clean environment being particularly suitable for clean rooms, hospital intensive care facilities to operating theatres, food factories and other locations, which are dust and dirt sensitive. Since many points of friction associated with regular automatic doors are reduced, MM80 has less wearing parts and so produces less dust particles.
- Conventional Motor & Belt Drive Operator
A belt is connected to the door and driven by a rotary motor incorporating a pulley system. In this way there are many points of friction, wear and particles thrown out.
- MM80 Magnetic Linear Operator
The Magnet is fixed onto the door without contact to the electromagnetic motor. The door is operated by attraction and repulsion between magnets, resulting in less points of contact, wear and particle production.
- MM80 Linear magnetic operator will silently glide open and closed. In test conditions, MM80 is quieter than a telephone or back ground noise in a office or library
|MM Linear Door Operator||47*|
|Quiet Office (Ambient Noise)||50|
|Library (Ambient Noise)||40|
|* MM50 Factory Tested - 1m from unit|
- Activation by Hand (Push & Go) – By simply pushing the door in the open direction for 2cm, the operator will gently and silently perform its automatic cycle. This is ideal for domestic and health care applications as shown.
- Hold Open by Hand – By holding the door in the full open position, an audible signal will be heard. The door is now in Hold Open. To close, again simply pull the door, no more than 2cm and the door will automatically close.
- Free Stop – Once door is in motion, hold the door (by handle if fitted) at any position before it reaches the full open position. The door will stop and be free to move by hand as a manual sliding door. To re-activate, return the door to full closed position.
- Partial Open – Partial Open is adjustable by the Partial Open adjuster. Adjustable range 0 = 50% to 10=100% Open. Factory Setting at 100% Full Open. Partial open is a fixed setting by control. The use of a Partial Open Switch Selection is not applicable. Partial Open % setting is effective after activation through SS input. When activation by hand (Push & Go), Partial Open % setting is ignored and door opens to 100% Full open.
- Ratchet Switch (Flip-Flop) – By use of activation switch, the door opens once and remains open for an unlimited time. The door is then closed upon a second activation. (Switch to Open/Switch to Close)
- Safe Door – In case of a power failure, the door is free to open by hand without any resistance.
Safe & Gentle
- MM80 Magnetic Linear Operator is constantly monitoring door speed and its position.
- Equipped with a very sensitive touch detection system, should the door hit any obstruction, the force of impact is incredibly light.
- Then followed by an immediate safety return to ensure pedestrian safety is maintained at all times.
- The operator then closes at low speed looking for the obstruction.Images show a comparison of closing force between MM magnetic linear and any belt driven door.
|Model||MM80 Auto||MM80 Assist|
|Applicable Door Width||700 ~ 2250mm|
|Open Speed||200~500mm/s Adjustable|
|Close Speed||200~500mm/s Adjustable||200mm/s (fixed)|
|Noise Level||Less than 50dba|
|Control System||Microprocessor Control|
|Open Timer||0 ~ 10sec max Adjustable|
|Activation||By Sensor Signal or Push & Go|
|Safety Functions||Obstruction when Opening : Safety Stop Obstruction when Closing : Safety Return. Slow close until obstruction is cleared|
|Partial Open / Energy Saving||N/A||50-100% open by Sensor (When activation only)|
|Free Stop||N/A||Hold and move door in Close direction for +8cm during opening cycle. Door will become free to move by hand.|
|Ratchet / Flip Flop||Activate to Open / Activate to Close|
|Breaking||Adjustable by door weight|
|Vi-Parting||Syncronsize x2 MM80 Control to open as Bi-Part||N/A|
|Electromagnetic Lock||LK2 Fail Safe (Optional)||N/A|
|Operation Environment||Ambient Temperature -10C to +40C (no condensation or icing) Ambient Humidity 30% to 85% RH (no hazardous materials must be present in the atmosphere)|
|Compliance||Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC|
|Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive 2004/108/EC|